The crazy life of a Sportsphotographer travelling across Europe
The time before Christmas is a calm and contemplative time…..
Not for Mitch Gunn, Sportsphotographer.
Credit: Guillaume Photo Nat
Mitch in his “Not-Every-Day-Work-Outfit” covering a World Cup Skiing Race
To him it´s a season of working long days, sitting, standing, lying hours in the snow and editing like crazy to provide us with amazing shots of the best skiers in the world.
I asked him a couple of questions and as you can see Mitch is really busy because they are short.
1. WHAT LET YOU DECIDE TO BE A SPORTSPHOTOGRAPHER TRAVELLING ACROSS EUROPE?I decided to go into sports photography after the stress of my previous job made me ill, initially I was only going to do it for a year, but that was 7 years ago now.
2. WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?I love travelling, meeting new people, and the challenge of trying to capture the moment that defines an event.
3. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU HATE ABOUT IT?I often cover sports when it rains, I hate rain (love snow).
4. WHAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MOMENTS IN YOUR CAREER SO FAR?Being part of the US Ski team last winter when Ted Ligety won his gold medals, it’s always nice when your friends win.
5. ONE ADVICE FROM YOU TO IMPROVE PICTURES?Experiment with your camera and angles, sometimes things work sometimes they do not.
Credit: Mitch Gunn
If you want to hear more from Mitch Gunn or purchase his photos go to: SPORTSPHOTOGRAPHER MITCH GUNN
zuletzt aktualisiert am February 4, 2023